Author Chris Guillebeau talks to a packed room at Books & Books about The $100 Startup
“Imagine a life where all your time is spent on the things you want to do.”
Author/entrepreneur, Chris Guillebeau discussed his latest book, The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future
with a packed room at Books & Books in Coral Gables last night.
Lucky for me, I had read about it on Alyson Stanfield’s post and got myself over to Books & Books in Coral Gables, FL in time to hear Chris Guillebeau talk about “The $100 Startup”!
Perfect timing. Already working on my re-Startup. Thanks Alyson and Chris and Books & Books
* I only recommend products and services that I personally use and believe in. I have affiliate accounts with Amazon and Art Biz Coach and I may earn a commission on products that you purchase from following my links. This is another way an artist/entrepreneur is able to earn money and continue doing the kinds of work I love.
I read this early today, before I got out of bed and then, I went out to my favorite tree where I always feel connected and inspired and Julia’s song made even more sense!!!
In the center of your heart
Is a still small part
Like a meadow in a forest made of green.
In the center of your heart
Is a still small part
And that is where your soul must go to dream.
~ Julia Cameron, “Vein of Gold” Guidance chapter
* I only recommend products and services that I personally use and believe in. I have an affiliate account with Amazon and I may earn a commission on products that you purchase from following my link. This is another way an artist/entrepreneur is able to earn money and continue doing the kinds of work I love.
My first day back from exhibiting at Surtex and I’m still not back to my routine – actually don’t want to go back to the pre-show 16 hour days, but I do want to move forward and start my show followups! I’m more than pleased with the show and have a minimum of 20 contacts that I’ll be sending either specific designs that were requested or new collections based on a qualified conversation.
I’ll elaborate more on this in a future post, but for now, I’d like to share a little of the fun and magic of my favorite subject, “Nature’s Energy”.
I created this little eBook as a handout for the show and would like to gift it to you as well.
Click here or on the image to download the pdf version of my entertaining, informative and colorful, 5 page eBook:
“3 Easy Steps to See and Feel Nature’s Energy”
AND PLEASE, do add your questions and insights about 3 Easy Steps in a comment on this post 😉
The most intense multi-tasking I’ve ever done for 7 + hours! Tons of useful information and resources shared by some of the most knowledgeable people in the PR/social media industry:
Deirdre Breakenridge, President and Executive Director of Communications, Mango! and co-author of ‘Putting the Public Back In Public Relations’
David Meerman Scott, Marketing Strategist and Author
Beth Harte, Client Services Director, Serengeti Communications.
Lee Odden, CEO, TopRank Online Marketing
Brian Solis, Author and Thought Leader in Social Media
FutureWorks – ‘Engage or Die’
search #vocus on twitter – over 1200 participants at 10 am.
LEGAL NOTE: I have a business affiliation with Amazon.com and may receive
a commission on any purchase made via the links to books and products on this blog.
A Kreative Blogger award has recently been passed to me by fellow Miami artist, Rosie Brown and I’m honored that she chose me to receive it. I’m also delighted that it was presented to Rosie by Monique Lassooij. Both artists were participants in an 8 week long Art Marketing Salon* that I facilitated at the Windisch-Hunt Gallery in Coconut Grove, FL in 2009, and, in passing along this award, they are affirming the value of social media marketing as one of the most effective marketing tools around today: blogging!
Since I’ve become a bit of an information addict, I couldn’t do this without a little background research. I quickly found reference to the original ‘Kreativ Blogger’ post and requirements for nominated Kreativ Bloggers. I believe they have been edited and abbreviated over time and cyberspace.
Kreativ Blogger originated in May 2008 in a post by Huldas Verden as noted by Clay Garden author in this April 2009 post:
“Finally I found that it was started in Norway by a blogger named Huldas Verden.”
When the Clay Garden post was written in April 2009, the author’s Google search came up with 712 entries for Kreativ Blogger.
When I searched today, Feb 28, 2010 for ‘Kreative Blogger’ awards, Google comes up with 23,200,000 entries! Hence, the power of blogging!
Here are the requirements that I found, and am passing on to 7 fellow Kreativ Bloggers (names and links to blogs at the end of this post):
The Kreativ Blogger award comes with the following requirements:
1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.
Seven things about me that may be of interest:
1. I’ve always loved nature and art and just knew this was my path in life.
2. I did, and still question, my choice of life experiences and have finally come to terms with accepting that whatever happens, as long as I pay attention and learn something, I can move forward.
3. I’ve been married 3 times – divorced twice and widowed. I have two amazing daughters that I’m very proud of. My third husband died when my youngest daughter was 4. I’ve been a single mom for the last 14 years and must say, I really don’t enjoy being the responsible adult all of the time.
4. Self sufficiency is admirable and it gets the job done, but the ability to ask for help and help others empowers everyone.
5. Travel is now high on my to do list. My youngest daughter will graduate high school this year and she has plans for college so the timing is right for me to go on my walk-about. Thus far, I’ve only been out of the USA to Canada. Mountains, lakes, rivers, oceans, deserts and cities all around the planet are out there, full of fabulous nature creations that I’ve yet to see and can’t wait to photograph!
6. You really do teach best that which you need to learn, and actions do speak louder than words.
7. I truly believe there is magic (healing, restorative power) in the energy of nature and that is what I hope to share with my art.
Sample of my nature’s energy photo-digital art: “South Beached Man-O-War Reflection”
MY KREATIV BLOGGER NOMINATIONS ARE:
Alyson B. Stanfield http://www.artbizblog.com/
Tara Reed http://artlicensingblog.com/
Eric Francis http://www.planetwaves.net
James Echols http://www.soulofmiami.org/
Tom Falco http://coconutgrovegrapevine.blogspot.com/
Heather Allard http://www.themogulmom.com/
Catrien Ross http://www.energydoorways.com/category/blog/
* Art Marketing Salon is a group or community, guided, do-it-yourself workshop with all materials provided by Alyson B. Stanfield, Art Biz Coach. I highly recommend Alyson’s book, “I’d Rather Be In the Studio” and signing up for her newsletters which are full of valuable marketing information for artists and business people alike.
NOTE: I only recommend products or services that I have experience with, believe in and support. When you click on a link in this blog and make a purchase, I will receive a referral commission. This is one of the ways an artist can earn a little extra income and support her family!